HISTORY OF THE HOTEL
Tannenwald (in translation - Spruce Forest) - the old German name of the territory, once a suburb of Koenigsberg, on which the modern hotel is located. Originally it was a manor house located at the southern fringe of the Fritsen forest (Kozi forest.) Through the manor passed a meandering Virr-Graiben canal, coming from Damm-Teich and flowing into the Bayd-Ritter Flis.
In 1910 there were only 51 inhabitants in Tannenwald. The village was a living-room with a railway station, a brick factory for steam energy.
In 1925 in Tannenwald, a kurkhaus was founded with a garden plot. In 1929, among the wonderful forest air, there were 102 houses in Tannenwald with 377 apartments and ten temporary dwellings for the unemployed.
After the end of the Second World War, the territory of Tannenwalde was transferred to the Ministry of Defense of the USSR. In April 1998, for sale, the dilapidated building was purchased by the Navigator.
Brick from the building went to the construction of the Surb Stepanos (St. Stephen's) Temple of the Armenian Apostolic Church, located at ul. Bogatyrskaya, 16.